Three branch executives in the Keta Constituency of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) have petitioned the national party to suspend some constituency executives including the deputy youth organizer, deputy secretary, deputy communication officer and one executive member.
According to the petition, these officers have blatantly disregarded guidelines governing election of parliamentary candidates in the constituency for the 2020 elections.
The petition indicated in the spirit of promoting the much-cherished virtues of fairness, justice and unity to propel the NDC to victory in the 2020 elections, the constituency executives namely Jerry Afeku, Deputy Youth Organizer; Jeff Amekuedi, Deputy Secretary; Silas Aidam, Michael Yevugah and Prince Doe Tornyo, Executive Members; and David Dzikunu, Deputy Communication Officer, should be removed from office.
The petition was signed by Gilbert Korbla Keklie, Branch B Chairman, Dziehene Ablame Community; Afealetey Mawunyo, Branch Communication officer, Old Information Center, Keta; and Quashigah Joseph Amenyo, Youth organizer, Ekpeame Community Center (Kedzikope Branch 2).
According to the petitioners, the named constituency executives have made several public statements in support of one of the candidates for the parliamentary primaries in the Keta constituency, Dr. Senanu Kwesi Djokoto, a past constituency chairman, in breach of the party directives.
The petition outlined breaches the constituency executives have engaged in including publicly declaring support for Dr. Djokoto on social media platforms including facebook and publicly doing door-to-door campaign on his behalf.
Below is the full text of the petition
RE: PARLIAMENTARY PRIMARIES- KETA CONSTITUENCY PETITION FOR THE REMOVAL OF JERRY AFEKU, JEFF AMEKUEDI, SILAS AIDAM, MICHAEL YEVUGAH, PRINCE DOE TORNYO AND DAVID DZIKUNU FROM OFFICE AS DEPUTY YOUTH ORGANIZER, DEPUTY SECRETARY, EXECUTIVE MEMBERS AND DEPUTY COMMUNICATION OFFICER RESPECTIVELY FOR THEIR UNLAWFUL CONDUCT
Pursuant to the Constitution of the great National Democratic Congress and the Guidelines governing the election of Parliamentary Candidates for the 2020 Elections, and in the spirit of promoting the much-cherished virtues of fairness, justice and unity, in order to propel our great Party to victory in the 2020 Elections, we the undersigned persons, branch executives in the Keta Constituency petition this Committee for the removal of the aforementioned constituency executives.
We say as follows;
- That in clear breach of the Constitution of our great Party and the Guidelines governing the election of Parliamentary Candidates for the 2020 Elections, the aforementioned constituency executives have made several public statements in support of Dr. Senanu Kwesi Djokoto, an aspirant and the immediate past constituency Chairman.
PARTICULARS OF BREACH
a. That the aforementioned executives have made several statements on various whatsapp platforms of the Party, in support of Dr. Djokoto.
b. That the aforementioned executives have publicly declared support for Dr. Djokoto on other social media platforms, including Facebook.
c. That the aforementioned executives have publicly engaged in “door-to-door campaigns” in support of the said Dr. Djokoto.
d. That the aforementioned executives have on several occasions engaged in heated debates with other members of the Party who do not support the ambitions of the said Dr. Djokoto.
e. That the aforementioned executives have participated in several meetings organized by the said Dr. Djokoto at Ward/Branch levels of the party, making public statements in his support.
f. That the aforementioned executives were seen in his company at several radio engagements, most recently being that of his appearance at Jubilee Fm in Keta.
2. That in flagrant disregard for the Constitution of the Party and abuse of their office, the aforementioned executives have not only publicly campaigned for the said Dr. Djokoto, but they have in doing so, employed the use of the assets of the Party including vehicles, to support and promote the ambitions of Dr. Djokoto.
3. That in open show of disrespect to the sensitivities of all party members in the Keta constituency, the aforementioned executives have been seen mounting Billboards and pasting posters of the said Dr. Djokoto.
4. That the implications of the acts of these executives is further aggravated by the fact that the said Dr. Djokoto is the immediate past Chairman of the Constituency, from whom much is expected and as such, any miscalculated and/or poorly-considered actions of persons associated with him have a high tendency of causing disunity in the Constituency.
5. The implications of these careless actions of the aforementioned executives on the fortunes of the Party both at the Constituency and indeed National level is dire, necessitating swift and decisive action. We therefore petition this Committee and pray for the following;
a. The removal from office of the aforementioned executives.
b. A directive from the Committee to all constituency executives to refrain from publicly supporting any aspirant in the primaries.
c. A further directive from the Committee to all constituency executives to refrain from using the assets of the Party to support any aspirant in the parliamentary primaries.
We wish to emphasize that the actions of these executives have the tendency of negating the gains made by the Party in the constituency and indeed in the region, and we as branch executives will employ any lawful means to protect and promote the fortunes of the great NDC in the Region and beyond.
We count on your co-operation and swift action.
Gilbert Korbla Keklie, Branch B Chairman, Dziehe ablame community;
Afealetey Mawunyo, Branch Communication Officer, Old Information Centre, Keta;
Quashigah Joseph Amenyo, Youth Organizer Ekpeame Community, Centre (Kedzikope Branch 2)