Outspoken Brong Ahafo Regional Organizer of the ruling New Patriotic Party, Kwame Baffoe popularly known as Abronye DC has listed at least seven corruption allegations against the Brong Ahafo Regional Minister Kwaku Asomah Cheremeh barely 11 months in office of the NPP government.
Speaking to Kumasi based Otec FM, the maverick politician called for an investigation into the dealings of the regional minister as his corrupt acts have brought the name of the president and the party into disrepute.
“How can this person, who believes in the ideology of President Akufo Addo, mingle himself with corrupt practices to tarnish the image of the president and the party, he should be investigated, and if found guilty, be punished,” he ordered.
He added that the regional minister is repeating the mistakes of his predecessor Hon. Eric Opoku and all attempts to correct him proved futile.
“The things his predecessor, Eric Opoku did we are complaining about he is repeating them and this must be stopped”, he revealed.
Among other things Abronye DC accused the regional minister of extorting money from various MMDCEs prior to their appointment.
Below are the seven itemized sins of the Brong Ahafo regional minister according to Abronye DC.
- That, Kwaku Asomah Cheremeh collected huge sums of monies from people before they were appointed MMDCEs in Brong Ahafo region.
- That, Kwaku Asomah Cheremeh has bought the contentious DKM storey building at Sunyani near the coronation park through one Alhassan Faisal with a cost of over Ghc7m (70billion + old Cedis)
- That, Kwaku Asomah Cheremeh has collected huge sums of monies from contractors through his aide Maxwell Mahama with the promise of giving them huge contracts in return.
- That, Kwaku Asomah Cheremeh has collected huge monies from timber/wood workers across Brong Ahafo region
- That, Kwaku Asomah Cheremeh has misused funds allocated to the regional coordinating council since he assumed office.
- That, Kwaku Asomah Cheremeh has made his personal law chambers as the new legal brain for all the 27 districts/municipals in Brong Ahafo region. So all legal matters of the various Assemblies are handled by his law firm and his “law cabal”
- That, Kwaku Asomah Cheremeh connives with judges to get his way through at the law courts when the need arises,